TAMIO membership is available in four categories
- General Membership: Any person employed by a municipal or county government engaged in activities directed toward public information, who resides within the state of Texas.
- Affiliate Membership: Any person employed by a government or quasi-government agency other than municipal and acting as an information specialist. This person shall enjoy all privileges of the association except to vote or hold office.
- Associate Membership: Any person associated with a private or commercial entity that regularly conducts business with local government agencies within Texas in the area of communications. This person shall enjoy all privileges of the association except to vote or hold office.
- Student Membership: Any student who has completed 12 or more hours at a junior college or university toward a communication degree. This person enjoys all privileges of the association except to vote or hold office.
Any past member of the organization who has left the municipal communications field and does not reasonably fall under the Affiliate or Association membership categories. This person shall enjoy all privileges of the Association except to vote or hold office.
Any municipal or county governing body or agency thereof, or any non-local governmental or quasi-governmental agency as described in Affiliate Membership. The member agency is able to name as many as five (5) current employees as active members of the Association, with all privileges of the Association as listed under General or Affiliate membership as described above.
Annual dues are assessed each July. New membership applications received after Jan. 1 will be assessed one-half the annual rate. New membership applications received after May 1 shall be payable at the regular dues rate but shall be considered valid through the end of the subsequent fiscal year.
- General Membership: $85.00
- Affiliate Membership: $85.00
- Associate Membership: $170.00
- Student Membership: $42.50
- Legacy Membership: $42.50
- Agency Membership: $255.00
- Professional Development: Through its activities and services TAMIO officers and staff encourage and help all members to enhance, expand and cultivate their professional abilities.
- Annual Meetings: TAMIO meets once each year at its annual meeting in June. Developments and current trends on new communications techniques and related fields are discussed.
- Networking Opportunities: Various functions and activities are held by region to encourage networking and idea sharing.
- Discounted TML Publications: TAMIO membership provides each member with an opportunity to receive, at significantly reduced prices, one subscription to the Texas Municipal League’s monthly magazine, Texas Town & City (regular price $30; affiliate price $15) and/or one TML Directory of Texas City Officials (regular price $60; affiliate price $30).
- TAMIO Facebook Group: Only TAMIO municipal and government employees may join. TAMIO members use the Facebook group to share information, ideas, and practices.