THE TAMI AWARDS ARE OPEN AND WILL CLOSE ON May 2
All entries must be submitted through the online portal. Once your start your submission(s), you can edit it as many times as you want until you hit the “Submit Entry” button. You will not be able to make changes after you submit your entires. You will not be able to edit or post new submissions after the deadline. Video submissions must be posted on YouTube or Vimeo. You will need to provide a link to your video. For entries that involve print or promotional items, feel free to include pdfs, photographs, videos, or other electronic presentations that best present your entry. Multiple entries are accepted in any category, however an entry may only place once (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a given category. When you are filling out the entry form online, you will have two text boxes to fill in: Description and Summary. The following information is good to cover in either of those text boxes: any goals, impacts or outcomes, and what was achieved.
New Awards Submission System
This year we’ll be using the new Awards Force online software we purchased for the 2020 awards season. If you did not create an account last year, you will need to this year since it is a new platform. Here are some other things to look for:
- Our new awards submission program comes with a shopping cart. Now you will only have to pay once instead of for each submission individually.
- Judging criteria has been updated to specifically assess goals and objectives for each entry and whether the entry achieved those goals and objectives. Please make sure you state the purpose and/or goals for your entries, and provide evidence of the entry’s success.
- REMINDER: Descriptions for video categories have been clarified to allow you to better select the appropriate category for each entry. A video should be entered in ONE category deemed as the best fit by the municipality. The same video cannot be entered in multiple video categories, unless it is for Best Use of Humor. Multiple entries are accepted in the same category.
New Categories for 2021
In honor of the outstanding work done during the pandemic, the Awards Committee has added three categories for any communication effort related to COVID-19. The awards categories are:
- External Communication – Any communication tool (printed, electronic, special event, initiative, campaign, etc.) about COVID-19 for outside the organization.
- Internal Communication – Any communication tool (printed, electronic, special event, initiative, campaign, etc.) about COVID-19 for within the organization.
- Video – A video product of any length that addresses COVID-19.
The Awards Committee is also unveiling an Innovation Award for any creative communication tool that does not fit in any other categories.
- Innovation Award – Any communication tool that pushes the limits of creativity or technology to reach an intended audience.
The TAMI Award submission deadline has been extended a week and is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 2, 2021. If you plan to pay by check, be sure to enter early. All checks must be received no later than May 4 or your entry will not be judged.
- Eligibility — Both TAMIO members and non-members are eligible to submit entries. Entries must be submitted by any city/county government/division, or any government support agency involved in providing local services (for example, transportation authorities, public utilities, and regional councils of government). Entries produced on or after January 1, 2018, are eligible for submission. Current TAMIO members are eligible for the member rate entry fees. Entries must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on May 2, 2021.
- Judging Process/Criteria — Judging will be conducted by government communications professionals from the state of California and Minnesota, and coordinated by TAMIO members. Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with guidelines, including submissions with unpaid entries. All judging comments will be emailed to applicants after the 2021 TAMIO Annual Conference.
- Finalist Notification — Finalists will be notified via email no later than the week of June 14 if not earlier. Award entries will be divided into multiple divisions based on city population if sufficient entries are received in a specific category to warrant multiple awards.
- Awards Presentation — The TAMI Award winners will be announced Tuesday, September 31, during a dinner at the 2021 TAMIO Annual Conference in Round Rock. Finalists will be asked to confirm their attendance at the dinner. Those not attending the TAMIO Annual Conference can purchase individual dinner tickets for the awards presentation. Award winners not able to attend the dinner or have a co-worker attend in their absence must arrange for shipping of the award at their expense.