SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2022 TAMI AWARDS ARE NOW CLOSED
All entries must be submitted through the online portal. Once you start your submission(s), you can edit it as many times as you want until you hit the “Submit Entry” button. You will not be able to make changes after you submit your entries. You will not be able to edit or post new submissions after the deadline. Video submissions must be posted on YouTube or Vimeo. You will need to provide a link to your video and a 30-second clip of your video, which will be played in the event the entry wins a TAMI Award. For entries that involve print or promotional items, feel free to include pdfs, photographs, videos, or other electronic presentations that best present your entry. Multiple entries are accepted in any category, however an entry may only place once (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a given category. When you are filling out the entry form online, you will have two text boxes to fill in: Description and Summary. The following information is good to cover in either of those text boxes: any goals, impacts or outcomes, and what was achieved.
New Category for 2022
While the COVID-19 award categories are going away, the Innovation award category is staying. In addition, we’re unveiling a new award category for Best Small Shop! This award originated from member feedback and will recognize the best overall small communications shops for the outstanding work they are doing every day. Organizations with no more than two communications professionals in their main communications shop are eligible to enter and must enter projects that fit four of the following six categories:
- Social Media Campaign
- Video/Photography/Graphic Design
- Electronic or Print Newsletter/Report/Magazine/Special Publication
- Marketing Plan/Campaign
- Internal Communications
- Communications Planning
An entry will be disqualified if multiple projects are submitted in a single project category. Each entry will be judged by the same criteria as its TAMI Award counterpart. For example, the judging criteria for the Marketing Plan/Campaign award category are:
- Production Quality (up to 10 points)
- Goals & Objectives (up to 5 points)
- Results & Outcomes (up to 5 points)
- Overall impression (up to 5 points)
We look forward to announcing our first TAMI Award Winner for Best Small Shop!
Other New Requirements
To enhance the integrity of the TAMI Awards, we’ve updated the Statement of Original Work that entrants must acknowledge prior to submitting their project. In addition, an optional field has been added for organizations to give credit to any outside work that served as the inspiration for their project and a place to describe how they made it their own. While we often find inspiration from each others’ work, these additions will ensure that the TAMI Awards continue to recognize ideas and work that are substantially original in nature.
Finally, we’re bringing back the requirement to add a two-sentence description of the submission that will be used in the TAMI Awards banquet, should it be recognized. If an organization is submitting a video, a 30-second clip must also be uploaded that will be used during the awards banquet as well.
The TAMI Award submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 20, 2022. If you plan to pay by check, be sure to enter early. All checks must be received no later than March 21 or your entry will not be judged.
- Eligibility — Both TAMIO members and non-members are eligible to submit entries. Entries must be submitted by any city/county government/division, or any government support agency involved in providing local services (for example, transportation authorities, public utilities, and regional councils of government). Entries produced on or after January 1, 2019, are eligible for submission. Current TAMIO members are eligible for the member rate entry fees. Entries must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on March 20, 2022.
- Judging Process/Criteria — Judging will be conducted by government communications professionals from the state of California and Minnesota, and coordinated by TAMIO members. Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with guidelines, including submissions with unpaid entries. All judging comments will be emailed to applicants after the 2022 TAMIO Annual Conference. Summary of Judging Criteria
- Finalist Notification — Finalists will be notified the week of May 2. Award entries will be divided into multiple divisions based on city population if sufficient entries are received in a specific category to warrant multiple awards.
- Awards Presentation — The TAMI Award winners will be announced Thursday, June 9 during a dinner at the 2022 TAMIO Annual Conference in Houston. Finalists will be asked to confirm their attendance at the dinner. Those not attending the TAMIO Annual Conference can purchase individual dinner tickets for the awards presentation. Award winners not able to attend the dinner or have a co-worker attend in their absence must arrange for shipping of the award at their expense.