The 2020 TAMI Awards will open on February 10!
Updated information coming soon.
All entries must be submitted through the online portal. If it is your first time, you will need to create an account. (NOTE: This is not your TAMIO account. You must setup a new one.) Once your start your submission(s), you can edit it as many times as you want until you hit the “Submit” button. Once the submit button is pressed, you will not be able to make changes. You will not be able to edit or post new submissions after the deadline. Video submissions must be posted on YouTube or Vimeo. You will need to provide a link to your video. For entries that involve print or promotional items, feel free to include pdfs, photographs, videos, or other electronic presentations that best present your entry. Multiple entries are accepted in any category, however an entry may only place once (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a given category.When you are filling out the entry form online, you will have two text boxes to fill in…Description and Summary. The following information is good to cover in either of those text boxes: any goals, impacts or outcomes, and what was achieved.
What’s new for the 2019 Awards Program?
TAMIO has heard your feedback and created a special committee to work on ongoing improvements for the TAMI Awards program. Here are some specific updates for 2019:
- Best Use of Social Media has been divided into two categories – one for planned and one for unplanned social media activity. See the updated category descriptions for details.
- Descriptions for video categories have been clarified to allow you to better select the appropriate category for each entry. A video should be entered in ONE category deemed as the best fit by the municipality. The same video cannot be entered in multiple video categories, unless it is for Best Use of Humor. Multiple entries are accepted in the same category.
- Judging criteria has been updated to specifically assess goals and objectives for each entry and whether the entry achieved those goals and objectives. Please make sure you state the purpose and/or goals for your entries, and provide evidence of the entry’s success.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on this year’s changes. Watch for surveys following the 2019 TAMIO Conference in Denton.
The TAMI Award submission deadline is extended to 11:59 p.m. on March 19, 2019.
- Eligibility — Both TAMIO members and non-members are eligible to submit entries. Entries must be submitted by any city/county government/division, or any government support agency involved in providing local services (for example, transportation authorities, public utilities, and regional councils of government). Entries produced on or after January 1, 2017, are eligible for submission. Current TAMIO members are eligible for the member rate entry fees. Entries must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on March 17, 2019.
- Judging Process/Criteria — Judging will be conducted by non-member communications professionals and coordinated by TAMIO member volunteers throughout the state. Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with guidelines, including submissions with unpaid entries. Judges reserve the right to reassign entries to other categories if they believe that this will result in a fairer evaluation. All judging comments will be emailed to applicants after the 2019 TAMIO Annual Conference. View sample judging sheets on the “Categories” page of this website.
- Finalist Notification — Finalists will be notified via email the week of May 15 if not earlier. Award entries will be divided into multiple divisions based on city population if sufficient entries are received in a specific category to warrant multiple awards.
- Awards Presentation — The TAMI Award winners will be announced Thursday, June 6, during a dinner at the 2019 TAMIO Annual Conference in Denton. Finalists will be asked to confirm their attendance at the dinner. Those not attending the TAMIO Annual Conference can purchase individual dinner tickets for the awards presentation. Award winners not able to attend the dinner or have a co-worker attend in their absence must arrange for shipping of the award at their expense.