The TAMI Awards have been cancelled due to COVID-19.
All entries must be submitted through the online portal. Once your start your submission(s), you can edit it as many times as you want until you hit the “Submit Entry” button. You will not be able to make changes after you submit your entires. You will not be able to edit or post new submissions after the deadline. Video submissions must be posted on YouTube or Vimeo. You will need to provide a link to your video. For entries that involve print or promotional items, feel free to include pdfs, photographs, videos, or other electronic presentations that best present your entry. Multiple entries are accepted in any category, however an entry may only place once (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a given category. When you are filling out the entry form online, you will have two text boxes to fill in…Description and Summary. The following information is good to cover in either of those text boxes: any goals, impacts or outcomes, and what was achieved.
What’s new for the 2020 Awards Program?
The newest announcement for 2020 Awards Program is we have a brand new program! We are now using Award Force and we feel sure you will find it to be easier use. Because we are starting over, you will need to open a new account. Here are some other things to look for:
- Our new awards submission program comes with a shopping cart. Now you will only have to pay once instead of for each submission individually.
- Judging criteria has been updated to specifically assess goals and objectives for each entry and whether the entry achieved those goals and objectives. Please make sure you state the purpose and/or goals for your entries, and provide evidence of the entry’s success.
- REMINDER: Descriptions for video categories have been clarified to allow you to better select the appropriate category for each entry. A video should be entered in ONE category deemed as the best fit by the municipality. The same video cannot be entered in multiple video categories, unless it is for Best Use of Humor. Multiple entries are accepted in the same category.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on this year’s changes. Watch for surveys following the 2020 TAMIO Conference in Denton.
The TAMI Award submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. on April 22, 2020.
If you plan to pay by check, be sure to enter early. All checks must be received no later than March 30 or your entry will not be judged.
- Eligibility — Both TAMIO members and non-members are eligible to submit entries. Entries must be submitted by any city/county government/division, or any government support agency involved in providing local services (for example, transportation authorities, public utilities, and regional councils of government). Entries produced on or after January 1, 2018, are eligible for submission. Current TAMIO members are eligible for the member rate entry fees. Entries must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on March 22, 2020.
- Judging Process/Criteria — Judging will be conducted by government communications professionals from the state of California and coordinated by TAMIO members. Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with guidelines, including submissions with unpaid entries. All judging comments will be emailed to applicants after the 2020 TAMIO Annual Conference.
- Finalist Notification — Finalists will be notified via email the week of April 27 if not earlier. Award entries will be divided into multiple divisions based on city population if sufficient entries are received in a specific category to warrant multiple awards.
- Awards Presentation — The TAMI Award winners will be announced Thursday, June 4, during a dinner at the 2020 TAMIO Annual Conference in Arlington. Finalists will be asked to confirm their attendance at the dinner. Those not attending the TAMIO Annual Conference can purchase individual dinner tickets for the awards presentation. Award winners not able to attend the dinner or have a co-worker attend in their absence must arrange for shipping of the award at their expense.